Sunday 21 November 2010

Hello.

My name is Greg. I am 22. 

I teach circus.

About five months ago I discovered a company called Circo Para Todos. They work in Colombia with street kids. Great company.

In about two months I am going to be working with them on their outreach project for five months.

At the moment I am also playing Aladdin in Aladdin at the West Yorkshire Playhouse.

This is a record of my adventure, from fundraising all the way through to getting home and showing my Mum the photos.

So this is where we are at the moment.

Currently training for a nine and a half mile sponsored unicycle, rehearsing Aladdin, trying to get press coverage, trying to raise money and trying to get in contact with Shakira.

Unicycling through the streets of Leeds has been an interesting experience. It's a strange experience when you unicycle past somebody on the street, the first time it happens you make a bit of eye contact "yes that is right I am riding a unicycle" a bit of smiling might ensue between you both in recognition of the bizarre nature of the situation you are both in but by the third or fourth person there is only so much feigned enthusiasm for their interest that you can muster. We then move into a strange game of minimal eye contact and trying to pretend that I haven't noticed them stopping and staring or beeping their horns (if they're in a car). I actually find it quite awkward riding past somebody on a unicycle, often I don't want to overtake people because I feel embarrassed. It's hard to be in your own world when unicycling through a busy town, the attention on you is almost unbearable.

It is nice to think that I'm putting a smile on some peoples faces, a small consolation however for potentially destroying any chance of ever having a child. Experimenting with different cushion set ups to try and ease the discomfort.

I am extremely excited about this new phase in my life. I do worry that I might not do enough p.r. or write to enough newspapers and things like that, which is silly really because all I need to do is just do more p.r. and write to more newspapers but I still worry all the same. My mum is helping alot, she just finished the first draft of the press release. Tricky being away from home and keeping a mother happy, will have to work on that for when I go to Colombia.



You can Donate here Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment